Today is my turn on the Mister Domestic Aura Blog party! Mathew’s new line with Art Gallery fabrics is a good one! It’s full of pretty colors and fun little motifs inspired from a trip he took to Hawaii. Can you spot the sea turtles??!
The quilt pattern is Triangle Pop and available in the Quilty Love shop.
Triangle Pop was a good choice for this project because it sews up fast and with the new babes time is a little limited these days. I also chose it because it features the fabrics so nicely and I wanted each fabric to stand out.
This Triangle Pop Aura quilt was quilted up using my favorite curvy stitch. It’s backed with a simple creamy solid and finished off with a bright blue binding.
Triangle Pop is a pretty quick and easy triangle quilt pattern. It uses a 60 degree triangle and traditional piecing. It’s a good entry to sewing with triangles. I recommend a triangle ruler like this one but a template is provided with the PDF pattern.
This blue print from the Aura fabric line makes for the prettiest binding. The print is actually dolphins if you look closely 🙂
I’m not sure I can photograph quilts anymore without using the babes as a quilt model 😉 Here she is making her appearance 😉 I should have made this a throws size instead of a baby size because the teenager is wishing it was hers. She’s a fan of the Aura fabrics.
Find the Aura fabrics here.
You can purchase the Triangle Pop quilt pattern in the shop.
Check out the rest of the blog hop below!
- Monday February 11: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday February 12: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs
- Wednesday February 13: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Thursday February 14: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Saturday February 16: Sarah Maxwell of Fearless with Fabric
- Sunday February 17: Natalie Santini of Hungry Hippie Sews
- Monday February 18: Carolina Moore of Always Expect Moore
- Tuesday February 19: Isabelle Selak of South Bay Bella Studio
- Wednesday February 20: Elizabeth Chappell of Quilters’ Candy
- February 21-24: Intermission
- Monday February 25: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Tuesday February 26: Monica Tetteh of That’s Sew Monica
- Wednesday February 27: Nicholas Ball of Quilts from the Attic
- Thursday February 28: Lucy Brennan of Charm About You
- Friday March 1: Robbin Flockhart of Sew Farm Quilter
- Saturday March 2: Evie Jespersen of EV Quilts
- Sunday March 3: Kelly Liddle of Jeliquilts
- Monday March 4: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Tuesday March 5: HollyAnne Knight of String and Story
- Wednesday March 6: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Thursday March 7: Angela Wolf of Fashion Sewing with Angela Wolf
- Friday March 8: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
- Saturday March 9: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Sunday March 10: Emily Dennis of Quilty Love
- Monday March 11: Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill of Whole Circle Studio
- Tuesday March 12: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Wednesday March 13: Jennifer Strauser of Dizzy Quilter
- Thursday March 14: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Friday March 15: Brittany Jones of Brittany J Jones
- Saturday March 16: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday March 17: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Monday March 18: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts