I’m excited to share this fun and colorful Plus and Minus quilt today! Plus and Minus has been revised to include this new version of the quilt. You can find the quilt pattern in the Quilty Love shop.
2019 Completed Quilty Projects
I’m excited to share all about the new Southwest Sunshine quilt pattern today!
Southwest Sunshine quilt pattern
Southwest Sunshine is a bright and happy fat quarter friendly quilt pattern. This pattern was designed specifically with the gorgeous new At Then Came June Kona Cotton bundles. My friend Meghan of At Then Came June is a color mixing genius so I’m so thrilled for her to have her very own Kona bundle! It sure was a fun and colorful one to sew up!
The bundles are shipping to stores now. I used all 20 of the colors in the bundle for this large throw size quilt
All the quilt sizes
The Southwest Sunshine quilt pattern includes instructions for all of the quilt sizes! I have have you covered from crib to king sizes.
It includes crib size, throw size, large throw size, twin size, queen size and king size.
Precut and yardage friendly
Southwest Sunshine is designed around fat quarters or 1/4 yards. The quilt pattern includes cutting instructions for fat quarters, 1/4 yards or even 1/2 yards.
I can never resist taking photos during the mix and match stage. They look so pretty all cut and mixed like this. This quilt pattern is one of my favorite kinds to design… the mix and match!
I made the large throw size from the quilt pattern. It’s very generous in size! I really love large quilts so that’s what I tend to make. The pattern does include a smaller throw size though.
Southwest Sunshine uses an accent color for the diamonds through out. This accent color pulls the whole quilt together into one cohesive design. Choose an accent color from the fabrics of the blocks or another one all together.
I used the kona color Gumdrop as my accent and binding. It’s one of my favorite kona colors right now. Who knew I would love a purple so much!?
This quilt was quilted by Knot and Thread Design.
Southwest Sunshine is a big block based quilt pattern. It creates this pretty secondary plus pattern as it goes together. The quilt pattern includes pressing instructions to nest those seams and help them line up better. Even the diamonds are nested so they come out perfectly.
I also made the crib size version of this pattern up in prints from my stash. I’ll share that in a separate blog post.
You can grab your copy of Southwest Sunshine in the pattern shop.
Pieced on a Janome MC6700p
Today is my turn on the Mister Domestic Aura Blog party! Mathew’s new line with Art Gallery fabrics is a good one! It’s full of pretty colors and fun little motifs inspired from a trip he took to Hawaii. Can you spot the sea turtles??!
Triangle Pop was a good choice for this project because it sews up fast and with the new babes time is a little limited these days. I also chose it because it features the fabrics so nicely and I wanted each fabric to stand out.
This Triangle Pop Aura quilt was quilted up using my favorite curvy stitch. It’s backed with a simple creamy solid and finished off with a bright blue binding.
Triangle Pop is a pretty quick and easy triangle quilt pattern. It uses a 60 degree triangle and traditional piecing. It’s a good entry to sewing with triangles. I recommend a triangle ruler like this one but a template is provided with the PDF pattern.
This blue print from the Aura fabric line makes for the prettiest binding. The print is actually dolphins if you look closely :)
I’m not sure I can photograph quilts anymore without using the babes as a quilt model ;) Here she is making her appearance ;) I should have made this a throws size instead of a baby size because the teenager is wishing it was hers. She’s a fan of the Aura fabrics.
Find the Aura fabrics here.
You can purchase the Triangle Pop quilt pattern in the shop.
Check out the rest of the blog hop below!
- Monday February 11: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday February 12: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs
- Wednesday February 13: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Thursday February 14: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Saturday February 16: Sarah Maxwell of Fearless with Fabric
- Sunday February 17: Natalie Santini of Hungry Hippie Sews
- Monday February 18: Carolina Moore of Always Expect Moore
- Tuesday February 19: Isabelle Selak of South Bay Bella Studio
- Wednesday February 20: Elizabeth Chappell of Quilters’ Candy
- February 21-24: Intermission
- Monday February 25: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Tuesday February 26: Monica Tetteh of That’s Sew Monica
- Wednesday February 27: Nicholas Ball of Quilts from the Attic
- Thursday February 28: Lucy Brennan of Charm About You
- Friday March 1: Robbin Flockhart of Sew Farm Quilter
- Saturday March 2: Evie Jespersen of EV Quilts
- Sunday March 3: Kelly Liddle of Jeliquilts
- Monday March 4: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Tuesday March 5: HollyAnne Knight of String and Story
- Wednesday March 6: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Thursday March 7: Angela Wolf of Fashion Sewing with Angela Wolf
- Friday March 8: Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
- Saturday March 9: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Sunday March 10: Emily Dennis of Quilty Love
- Monday March 11: Sheri Cifaldi-Morrill of Whole Circle Studio
- Tuesday March 12: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Wednesday March 13: Jennifer Strauser of Dizzy Quilter
- Thursday March 14: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Friday March 15: Brittany Jones of Brittany J Jones
- Saturday March 16: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday March 17: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Monday March 18: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts
I’m excited to share the Quilty Hearts quilt pattern today! As you can see the heart shape is a little familiar as it is the same heart shape as the Quilty Love logo. :)
I will also be kicking off a short and casual quilt along with the release of this quilt pattern. See the details below!